Keeping your face clean is an important part of your daily skincare routine and plays an essential part in maintaining clear, fresh-looking skin. With spring just around the corner, here are three additional skin care tips to pay special attention to:
1. Easy does it.
You can put a lot of stress on your skin with your daily routine, so to help avoid dry, dull skin, fine lines and wrinkles, give your skin some tender loving care.
- Your bath and shower water should be warm, not hot. Hot water can cause unwanted dryness – especially on summer-beach and sun-kissed skin.
- Avoid harsh cleansers, soaps and detergents and opt instead for mild cleansers that won’t strip your skin of its essential oils.
- After your bath or shower, pat your skin dry – don’t rub it. Leave a little moisture on your skin to enhance your body cream or lotion.
2. Use sunscreen.
Your skin needs protection against the rays of the sun every season of the year. Sunscreen is one of the best ways to protect your skin from age spots, wrinkles and most importantly, skin cancer.
- Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 to protect against UVA and UVB rays and re-apply it often.
- Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. when the sun’s rays can be the most damaging.
- Wear tightly woven clothing and hats to give your skin additional protection against the sun.
3. Healthy eating equals healthy skin.
- A healthy diet will make you feel great and help you look great, as well. Make sure your diet is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein. The link between diet and skin isn’t exactly clear, however, the research recommends getting a daily dose of vitamin C and limiting processed foods and refined carbs to help keep your skin looking young.
Do you have questions about how to care for your skin or are you curious about the many skincare treatments we offer? Call, today, to schedule an appointment: 203.226.3600.