Whether you are noticing the signs of aging or sun damage or you want to maintain your smooth, radiant skin for as long as possible, you may be considering how professional treatments may help. Facials, skincare products, and other treatments are widely available. They are so common, in fact, that you may not know which treatment to choose. Here, we discuss one of the more brilliant technologies available today, the Clear + Brilliant laser.
What is Clear + Brilliant?
Yes, Clear + Brilliant is a laser treatment, but it may not be what you would normally envision. Lasers are often known for being ablative; for vaporizing some or all of the upper layer of the skin. The Clear + Brilliant laser is different. It has been designed for gentleness and uniformity, which it achieves with optical tracking and customizable settings. This laser treatment is so gentle that it can be repeated every 4 to 6 weeks for continued tissue repair and regeneration.
There are several ways that Clear + Brilliant can improve the skin. According to studies, this laser treatment leads to:
- Smaller pore size
- Diminished fine lines
- Softer, smoother skin
- Improved radiance
Benefits of Clear + Brilliant include:
- The customizable settings on the laser device allow our skilled provider to treat all skin types. Each treatment is tailored to the unique needs of your skin.
- Being customizable, this treatment is suitable for those who want to postpone the signs of aging as well as those who have skin conditions they wish to improve.
- Treatment can be performed at any time of year.
- There are few side effects from Clear + Brilliant. Patients need not take time out of their schedule for recovery.
- This versatile treatment is excellent for addressing the signs of aging as well as environmental damage such a pollution and UV exposure.
What to Expect During and After Clear + Brilliant
A Clear + Brilliant treatment typically takes no more than 30 minutes. This includes our brief consultation beforehand to ensure that this procedure can achieve the desired outcome. A topical anesthetic may be applied to the skin to improve comfort throughout the short treatment process. Once the device is set to the customized settings, a small handpiece is glided over the skin. This part of the process may take up to 20 minutes. A slight snapping sensation may be felt, but the treatment is not described as painful by those who have had it. After Clear + Brilliant treatment, patients can see improvements within a week or two.
We love helping our patients maintain healthy, beautiful skin. To schedule a visit to Westport Dermatology and Laser Center, call (203) 226-3600.