Aging affects us all and is difficult in a culture that celebrates youth. One of the best defenses in the fight against the clock is Botox…the most popular aesthetic cosmetic procedure in the world. Botox is so popular, in fact, that over 11 million procedures have been done since 2002!
Although the effects of Botox are temporary, women and men alike return for additional injections and swear by it, stating they look younger, less tired, more refreshed and less stressed.
Have you had a Botox procedure? Do you know someone who has? Have you read about Botox and have wondered what it is and how it works?
Read on…Botox is a revolutionary product with amazing results.
- Botulinum toxin type A, a neurotoxic protein produced by bacteria is the ingredient in Botox. It is a ‘cousin’ to the bacteria that causes the food-borne disease botulism.
- In 1989 the FDA approved Botox for eye spasms and in 2002, approved it for wrinkles, frown lines and creases.
- The forehead and frown area are the most common areas of the face to be treated.
- Scientists have found that injecting tiny amounts of botulinum toxin type A into a muscle temporarily paralyzes that muscle.
- This important for the face because muscles are the cause of wrinkles around the forehead and eyes.
- We make repeated muscle contractions when we frown, laugh and squint…and these contractions cause wrinkles.
- Botox injections block nerve signals to muscles, stopping the contraction of the targeted muscle. The wrinkle above the muscle either disappears or dramatically lessens.
- Botox takes about a week to fully relax the muscle. Full results last from four to six months
- If you happen to experience a rare side effect, as Botox wears off everything will return to normal.
Why opt for a Botox treatment?
- Lift: Botox can give a lift to your eyes and mouth corners helping you look more rested.
- Facial Relaxation: Botox eases that ‘angry’ look.
- Prevention: Botox slows down the creation of creases.
Call Westport Dermatology and schedule a consultation, today. Your ever youthful skin deserves it!