The end of summer seems to be in sight. However, when it comes to scheduling treatment like CoolSculpting, the old adage “there is no time like the present” holds a lot of weight. What shouldn’t be holding excess weight and fatty pockets is your body, and now is a great time to address problem areas with help from your Westport dermatologist. CoolSculpting has become one of the most well-known and reputable non-surgical body contouring procedures of our time. Here, we discuss what you can expect and what you can do and not do during and after your CoolSculpting treatments to make the most of your experience.
During Your CoolSculpting Treatment
You can expect your CoolSculpting treatment to last only about an hour, depending on the number of areas you’d like to treat at one time. The device applicator is designed to target areas where there is “pinchable” fat. Tissue is held in place with gentle suction while the applicator gradually cools to its target temperature. A few things you may want to keep in mind for your session include:
- Take the opportunity to relax! Many first-time CoolSculpting patients are a little nervous about what they will feel and how their body will respond to treatment. As the treatment gets going, you can expect to feel intense cold and maybe some aching or cramping sensations. These are not painful, just odd. And then, the target area simply goes numb. This is normal and is part of the goal.
- The cold temperatures will not harm your skin. The CoolSculpting device was developed to reach the perfect temperature at which fat cells freeze but skin does not. Fat freezes more quickly, so there is little concern about superficial tissue damage. Also, to make the treatment more comfortable, we place gel and a thin sheet of fabric over the skin before applying the applicator.
After Your CoolSculpting Session
You can go right back to your normal activities after getting CoolSCulpting. Some people do their normal workout the same day as treatment. We say let your body be your guide. If you’re feeling sore or achy, take it easy. The side effects of treatment won’t last long and you’ll be back to your usual routine in no time.
To make the most of your CoolSculpting treatment, you want to:
- Talk to your provider about massaging the area. Some say that a vigorous massage where CoolSculpting has been performed can help break up fatty tissue more efficiently.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medication for a few days. The body naturally responds to treatment with inflammation as part of the fat-destroying process. After a couple of days, over-the-counter medication can be taken as needed.
- Drink lots of water. Water is fuel for the body’s lymphatic system to aid in flushing toxins and other unnecessary matter. After CoolSculpting, that unnecessary matter is your fat. Staying hydrated is a great way to coax out the best results possible.
Now is a Great Time to Feel Your Best!
When it comes to feeling your best, there is no time like now to get started. Contact us at (203) 226-3600 to schedule your CoolSculpting consultation.